Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Penn State Blue by: Michael J. Maloni

Why Penn State Blue? Why now? Well at the beginning everything was happy in Happy Valley! Mike Maloni, the author, was very content to keep writing about a school and a football program that made their bones or did their due diligence in the classroom and on the field. Joe Paterno was a real-life hero to me, we were both of Italian Heritage and I assumed we both liked it! When the scandal hit, I was shattered, it me ten days to write again! With several glances at news shows, which were coming fast and furiously for a while and then I noticed one thing, people grow enemies on trees sometimes in college football, there were no potshots at Joe or his program, the slant was more like, "What went wrong?" My novel is not to right wrongs but to worry about healing, so I gave them a good old fashioned football novel. I wanted the kids to feel good about Penn State and let them start dreaming about what they were supposed to be dreaming about! School, girls, boys, and football. Penn State could probably broaden your horizons beyond that but for the sake of time there was Penn State Blue! I am proud of this but know when I write the perfect one, it very well could be my last. I am still a young man at 44. Thank you, Penn State! Your friend in college athletics, Mike Maloni

Here are the sites where you can find Penn State Blue. https://www.sbpra.com/MichaelJMaloni/ Amazon, Barnesandnoble.com Walmart.com and E Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment